The Canadian Women’s Chamber of Commerce (CanWCC) is a nationally incorporated, not-for-profit organization, dedicated to advocacy, advancement, and connection for and on behalf of its members. CanWCC’s membership consists of diverse women-identified entrepreneurs and businesses that are at least 50% woman(en)-owned and led.
CanWCC focuses on three key interwoven activities to support its members:
- Connection – through the development of a national network of women entrepreneurs, business owners, and the organizations that serve them.
- Advocacy – on behalf of members, informed by members and supported by the national network.
- Advancement – at both the micro- and macro-level, facilitating economic opportunities for women business owners and building a stronger Canadian economy.
About the Role
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the CEO and COO in order to ensure efficient operation of the organization. This individual will be a highly organized and detail-oriented professional who can work independently and handle a broad range of tasks.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as an executive assistant and will be comfortable communicating with industry and government leaders in a way that always represents CanWCC in its best light.
Salary, Details & Benefits
Application deadline: December 1, 2023
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week
Place of Work: virtual
Pay Range: $32 - 36 per hour, based on experience
Perks & Benefits: Flexible work hours, summer Fridays off, Monthly Focus Week, 2 weeks paid winter holiday, paid professional development, casual work environment, opportunity to create significant positive social change.
Reports to: CEO / COO
Duties & Responsibilities
Bookkeeping & Financial Analysis:
- Processing incoming finance emails
- Process employee expense reports
- Organizing incoming bills and receipts, posting to QBO
- Running reports & doing financial analysis related to expenses
- Assist PM & CEO with grant audits
- Matches receipts to credit card statements
Calendar management for CEO:
- Schedules meetings
- Protects meeting-free space on calendar for project work
- Books appointments, facilities, flights, and other travel arrangements
Human Resources Assistance:
- Performs pre-screens with applicants
- May perform first round interviews, for some roles
- Maintains team time off logs and assembles reporting
- Prepares agenda and materials for meetings (Board meetings, etc.)
- Screens and manages CEO’s social media DMs (esp LinkedIn)
- Prepares briefs, reports and presentations
- Finds people, email addresses and contact information
- Researches to prepare for meetings
- Keeps leadership apprised of any relevant news articles or studies released
- Other ad hoc research
Maintaining email inboxes:
- Has the skills to comfortably write emails on behalf of a CEO
- Deleting junk and unsubscribing to unneeded emails
- Forwarding emails to other team members
- Categorizing and adding labels
- Manages the team meeting setup and followup work
- Contributes to building process guides
- Assists with documentation, such as adapting transcripts to a specific format
- Assists in the coordination of events and special projects as needed
Desired Skills & Experience
- High School Diploma
- 3 years experience in a similar role
- Preferred: A Post-Secondary diploma or degree
Core Competency Requirements
To be successful in this role, candidates must have the following assets:
- Knowledge and understanding of how the Canadian government works, gender equality issues, etc.
- Corporate communications
- Research skills
- Ability to learn new things quickly
- Organizational skills
- Tact, professionalism, ability to represent CanWCC with senior business leaders and elected officials
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Great listening skills
- Willing and able to suggest improvements to existing processes and procedures
- Professional, reliable, courteous, and discreet
- Well organized and accurate
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Handles confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Passionate about women’s entrepreneurship
- Bilingualism an asset: English & French
- Comfortable using software applications, including:
- Google Workspace
- CRM software: Keap
- Accounting software: QBO, Stripe,
- Other: Miro, Zoom, Asana
- Able to learn other new applications quickly
The Canadian Women’s Chamber of Commerce (CanWCC) believes that gender expression and identity is a fundamental right. We welcome all women, as well as non-binary people to become members.
CanWCC is committed to inclusive and anti-discrimination practices in relation to those who identify as women and non-binary participants. We aim to ensure that all members’, volunteers’, directors’, officers’, and employees’ rights are respected and protected.
CanWCC confirms that gender identity or expression is not in any way related to one’s eligibility for participating as a volunteer or employee.
CanWCC is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us when contacted for an interview.