Did you notice this when you started your feminist business?
There are 101 Facebook communities, masterminds, and 30-day challenges to join.
They all sound like the *thing* you need to get to the next step.
If you’re savvy, you’ll have seen that not all these groups add value to your business. Don’t get us wrong, some of them are valuable, but you have to know what you’re looking for.
For some of us, realizing this took longer than we wanted.
Maybe it was the 10th time you pitched your business in a Facebook business group before you realized — it wasn’t having an impact.
Or maybe it was paying a lot of $$ for a networking event and walking away with only 1 business card handed out.
As you enter into a new phase of business, chances are high that you’ve received your share of bad advice and had a few financial mishaps.
That’s why, when you join the Canadian Women’s Chamber of Commerce as a member, we want you to know the value in doing so.
The value of joining our community is this: investing in us means investing in the longevity of your business.
And not only your business – but the success and longevity of other feminist businesses in Canada.
How do we ensure this? Two ways.
The Two Things We’ll Always Offer – Policy Advocacy and a Growing Partner Network
Our rule is, if our efforts don’t benefit you — we’re doing it wrong.
CanWCC is the only national chamber of commerce for women in Canada. Advocating for systemic policy change is what we do.
We do this by having access to the government. We build relationships with policymakers so we can make change happen at the highest level. We research, ask questions, work hard, and listen to your needs. Then we take what you need to the government. We form relevant partnerships, apply for grants, and lobby.
We’ve been hard at work advocating for policy change that will you. Here is a snapshot of some of our advocacy work over the last few months.
How We’ve Advocated For You This Year
A Growing Partner Network
CanWCC is building a partner network so you get:
- the support your business needs at each growth stage
- connections and resources to you that would otherwise take you years to build
- access to things you need today, not later
The partner network has four main components.
- Discounts on products & services: like health and commercial insurance, co-working spaces, and courses so you get where you need to go, faster.
- Access to programs and resources: referrals to programs and resources in your local area so you are connected and supported.
- Opportunities to apply for incubators & accelerators so you get access to what you need to grow your business.
- Introductions to funders, VCs and angels so you can get pitch ready for your next big funding event.
Your Future Partner Network
Networking events are great — but they don’t necessarily move the needle on the things we need in Canada.
Policy advocacy and a thorough, value-add partner network. These are the things you *really* need for the success of your business.
That’s what we’re here to do.
So, what are you waiting for?
Become a member with CanWCC today.